About Mama Moving Out

I’m at the house. I had to stop in and leave that Illinois parking ticket for Mara to pay for me (I don’t have any checks). Figured I’d also check and see if I had won the PowerBall lottery. I don’t get it. The clerks keep telling me I’m going to win, but I never do. 😉
Anyway, I have a load going to Tennessee. I don’t have a firm number, but I’m think I’m going to come in at about 2,500 miles for the week. That’s a good thing. If I could just get a few good weeks in, we could get a lot of things straightened out. But so far I seem to have a good week followed by a bad one. I’m still doing better at Epes than I was at U.S. Xpress, but I just can’t seem to get my footing here. Hopefully, with P.M. done on the truck, random drug tests and the like out of the way, I can look forward to some good miles for a while.
Well, Mama is swirling around the idea of moving out or staying again. It doesn’t matter how many times I tell her the choice is hers and that Mara and I are fine with whatever she wants to do, apparently she’s expecting something else from me, and I just don’t know what to tell her. It got started today because the woman who’s working on lining people up for the apartments that Mama was looking at called. Mama started explaining to her why she’s decided not to take one, and then felt like she had to come in here and start explaining it to me.
I’m tired of hearing it, basically. The choice hers, and I’ve made it clear to her that we just want her to be happy, whether that’s by staying here or by moving into an apartment. There are pros and cons to both. But in the end, it’s Mama’s decision. She has to do whatever is going to make her happy. It’s not like we’re going to be disappointed if she doesn’t move out. I’d be less than honest if I didn’t admit that Mara and I have thought about the benefits to us if she did move out, but neither of us are rushing her to pack. We’re just aware, as I said, that there are pros and cons to it either way.
I don’t know. Mama wants to hear something from me, and I don’t know what it is. I’ve already told her that the idea of leaving was hers, and that neither Mara or I have any real desire to see her go. This is something she wanted to do, and in the end it’s her decision. It’s the usual problem with Mama. We don’t know what she really wants to do, but she wants some kind of reinforcement to reassure her that she’s made the right decision. The problem is, we don’t know what her decision is. She goes back and forth on this so much that we just turn a deaf ear to it. Neither Mara nor I expect that Mama will ever move out, and so we’re mostly waiting for her to just wear herself out.
Well, I need to git. I’ve already been here longer than I intended to be. I wound up tinkering with Mama’s firewall on her computer (it’s blocking some images and causing her browser to crash). I don’t know why she didn’t mention this to me over the weekend. Right now I don’t have time to do anything about it.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
Close Bitnami banner